Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Family matters

It is very strange how you start appreciating what you've had only after you lose it- it is, my dear friends a gospel truth. It has been 4 years since I've lived far away from my family and I cannot fully express the sadness of all those lonely holidays and birthdays that I have celebrated being away from the only people who love you no matter what. I have missed all those heart-to-heart talks we used to have with my grandmother. I miss my father and his sarcastic comments . I miss my mother and her 'bitching' about everything i do wrong ( in her opinion) . The thing is that me and my mom were not real close .. I mean not until I have made a move to Cyprus. Now we are like real close friends. I can share almost everything with her. And it is my dearest grandma with who I can share absolutely everything that's going on in my life and that is how it was for the greatest part of my life. Oh well. that is supposed to be a funny post not a teary one . Anyways, I was gonna tell you about the phone conversation with my mom. It took place last week.
You see, I have a brother, he is 10 now ( we have a big age gap ).
And he has been growing up without me being present in his life mostly, but I still love him dearly. He is such a funny little fella!!!!! Well. my mom told me that she found a note ( more of a chat-on-paper thing, if you know what I mean) between my bro and his friend from school. It went something like this:
His friend said that some girl said or did smth.
My bro: she has PMS.
His friend: what is PMS?
Bro: Psychological Moral Stress. It lasts 3 to 4 weeks or 3 to 4 months.
Friend:   no, she is just stupid..
OMG, when my mom told me this I just couldn't stop laughing. I mean, From where a boy of 10 would know a word PMS and even create an explanation for that one- not very far from truth I gotta say :))) hahah
Ciao, have a good one!

1 comment: