Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Home made brown sugar honey lip scrub


OK I know that I will not discover America with this post but for me this was like a revelation!!! :) seriously!
A couple of weeks ago my friend was visiting me here in Cyprus. Her being from USA her make-up bag contained a number of items new and interesting to me . One of the things she was very kind to let me try out was sugar lip scrub by Sarah Happ. I loved this thing!! Not only did it leave my lips soft and smooth, it also tasted like a dessert ( not that I have eaten it or something, just some of the product gotten in my mouth when i was rinsing it off).
I wanted to have the same thing at home, alas, Cyprus seems to be very far some-products-wise and secondly, the Sarah Happ scrub turned out to be quite pricey (that was me considering the option of ordering it on-line , like I do with many other things which are missing in CY). Anyways, I had a brilliant idea- why not try and do it myself, how hard can that be? My lucky guess was that the only ingredients I will need are brown sugar and honey, both of which I had at home :) So what did I do ( mind you I did everything intuitively and i didn't follow any recipe ):
- washed a small box from the Body Shop body butter;
- put some brown sugar in the box;
- pu honey (I was pouring small amounts of honey and stirring it with the sugar until i got this nice sticky consistency )
- then I added a couple of drops of coconut oil for hydration.
That's it! simple as that! Try it -it's easy and fun ( makes you feel kinda like an alchemist :) )
Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment